Tuesday, July 29, 2008

week(s) in a blur

Well things have really been moving for us the last few weeks. On July 17 Calvin made and launched his first bottle rocket for scouts. It was great fun being able to watch all those boys rejoice over demolishing all their hard work. I have to say it was thrilling for me to.Sunday dinner out at my Dad & Moms house was great watching our children bond with cousins is totally awesome. The following week was the build up to Emma's Birthday. Let me tell you she worked every last ounce of self control I had. Monday night ( might have been Tuesday) Stephen comes in the kitchen and asks if I can laugh st the kids, than takes me down the hall were I see two white piles of what turned out to be diaper cream allover the floor. Emma was in the bathroom "just washing hair" she said. Well that didn't give her enough attention so shortly after and around bedtime I walk into my bathroom and... Well lets just say I hope its a long time before she gets to learn how to clean makeup off bathrooms again. Eliza has been experimenting with walking for some time now, but this week BAM she soot up in the middle of the room and took off all by herself!!!! Sam learned that Yelling is best done outside; But other than that he's still my lovable monkey. Stephen had this great idea to take the family for a bike ride Monday night while it rained ever so slightly:)Good thing for us the Lord likes to have a good laugh every now and then, Monday night was the night the micro bursts hit Mesa and our little family was out riding bikes in the middle of it all. We learned that when it rains horizontally it hurts.Wanted to get pictures of us all but couldn't get to the camera because there wasn't a spot on anyone that was dry and we had to take turns(girls than boys)removing cloths in the laundry and running to our rooms. I spent most of my time on Emma's Cake, and driving Stephen crazy with the planning.I had such a great time planning her little Princess party and making the cake, it was such a great challenge to see how much I could learn and create.
After the party I hoped things would get back to normal, but Emma had one last lesson to learn. Needless to say she wont be needing eyeshadow on one eye for a while.Calvin got hit in the face by a clock because he didn't move Eliza like he was asked to. Than little Eliza learned what it means when mommy says it's hot:(.Oh yeah Calvin got fitted for a mouth spacer (top & bottom) that he gets Thursday. T.T.F.N.

1 comment:

Sara Schletter said...

wow you had a lot going on in your house. Hope thngs calm down. School is finally here.